Saturday, August 18, 2012

Balinese Girl

This month it was my turn to decide on the theme for our Hilton Head Group Monthly Challenge, and I - totally selfishly - challenged the gang to pick a photo I posted on my Singapore Journal to paint from.

I'm amazed at the paintings that have already been posted here, they are great and bring back so many happy memories - I just love this challenge and am looking forward to more posts to come!

And of course I finally got back behind my easel and got to paint one of my photos as well. I've been away for a while and like always it's rough going. Still, I enjoyed painting this young Balinese girl. 

Balinese Girl
Oil, 4"x4"

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully painted, Regula. I like the bits of yellow on her face.. Great job in capturing her expression. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her eyes. Good job. It was fun to look through all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!