Tuesday, May 8, 2012

What's on my easel


Well, it doesn't look like much yet. But I'm hoping this will be my entry in the DPW Shadows Challenge. It's a simple composition on a 6 x 6 panel, but this is all I have time for this week. I couldn't let a challenge on shadows pass me by!  

I haven't been working on any long term projects. I'm loving painting alla prima. If it isn't done on the second day, I scrap it or wipe it. So I don't have anything on my easel for that long. I do like seeing what everyone is working on though. And seeing the "in progress" version is interesting.

3 comments:

  1. This is going to be perfect for the challenge! Looking forward to seeing it finished. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing it finished also.

    Love the colors in the shadows...so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear that! I'm way too impatient and have too little time for a lot of pre-planning and underpainting, although I appreciate the benefits. I love the wet on wet process too! The painting looks good Cathy - nice teaser to make me want to watch the rest of the process. Are you a right to left painter?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!